Saturday, January 7, 2017

Easy Vegan Pho
















The first time I ever had Pho, like most people, I was blown away.
What was this goodness in my mouth? Was it soup?
Was it pasta? No, it was pho.
 I walked into this tiny little place in downtown Reno.  "Holy heck , it is packed!" I said out loud.
The place wasn't too ascetically appealing and I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into.
The lady asked how many, we said two. She walked us over to this tiny table and we sat. 
I opened up the menu and there was like 30 different kinds, or ways to eat, of pho.
"Ummm do you have a vegan one?' I asked. "Yes!" she proclaimed. 
She turned the page and there ,in all it's glory, was like 5 different types of vegan pho. 
I asked for the first one, not really knowing what it tasted like or what it would be like. 
We waited for our food and within minutes we were served.
"Okay, lets try this" I thought. Grabbed my chop sticks and dug in.
Took a bite and "HOLY MOLY, THIS IS BOMB!" I said out loud, maybe too loud.   
I didn't even talk after that. 
I kept adding Sriracha and shoving it in my mouth. 
My life was changed. How could something so simple be so life changing delicious? No meat,
no dairy, and unreal. 

I've been craving this for a long time and since I'm not in Reno anymore, I can't
just go to my favorite place. 
So I did what any other person would do, make it at home.

This was the easiest Pho ever.
It may not be exactly the same, but it's my way and fulfills every craving. Yes, Every single craving. 
It's actually a bit chilly here, so this hit the spot.

What You'll Need:
1) Vegan Broth ( or make your own)
2) Rice Noodles
3) Lime
4) Cilantro
5) veggies of your choice 
6) a bit of soy sauce ( I use Gluten free and Low sodium)
7) salt, pepper, and ginger powder
8) Peeled Garlic 
9) Green onions 

5 Easy steps:
1) make the pasta in one pot
2) add all ingredients to second pot and bring to a boil for a couple of minutes 
then let simmer for a bit. Keep taste testing until you are satisfied with the flavor
3) add broth to a bowl and then add your rice noodles
4) add lime or extra garnishes 
5) Eat and Enjoy! 

This meal was super cheap, 
and it made enough soup for two for a couple of days.

If you have any favorite ingredients to add or make it a different way please let me know. This was the first time I made it, and I wanted to make it an easy/quick way .

Hope you Enjoy!

XOXOX,
Ashley Ninette 




No comments:

Post a Comment