Friday, January 26, 2018

Spirulina does the body good




Calling all vegans, vegetarians and Meat eaters.
 Here's why YOU have to add Spirulina to your diet. 

WHAT IS SPIRULINA?

- Spirulina is a blue-green Algae that is packed with so many nutritional benefits that our bodies crave. 
It comes in a powder form and just in one teaspoon gives you a bunch of nutrients. You can add this anywhere. I typically love it in smoothies and smoothie bowls. You really can't taste it.

WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SPIRULINA?

1. PROTEIN
As I wrote previously, Spirulina has so many benefits. Protein is a BIG one. How many times I get "Where do you get your protein from?" from non- vegans is a little absurd by now, but in just one tablespoon of spirulina you get 16 grams of protein! that's insane. Do you have any idea how small a tablespoon is? Crazy, right?

2. Anti-Oxidants
Packed with antioxidants, their ORAC number is over 24,000 which is 4-5 times BLUEBERRIES! We all love Blueberries and we all know it's packed with anti oxidants and they're great to snack on, but come on want an easy boost of anti-oxidants then spirulina is your best friend. 

3. IRON
Non- meat eaters AND meat eaters everywhere struggle with Anemia. I love beets, but one serving of spirulina gives you 44% of your daily requirement. LOAD UP. 

4. BETA- CAROTENE aka VITAMIN A 
Spirulina has more beta-carotene than carrots. The body converts Beta-Carotene into Vitamin A which gives you beautiful skin, hair and nails. Ummm, I'm adding this to my daily diet, yep it's official. 

5. CALCIUM
There's a reason why my title says " Does the body good." For decades we've been told Milk doe the body good, which we all know now IT DOES NOT. Looking to get calcium though? 
Spirulina is also incredibly high in calcium with over 26 X the calcium in milk. 
So awesome. 

Don't take my word for it, research it. Start adding it to your diet ASAP. 

Remember when I wrote I loved to add it to smoothies and smoothie bowls?
Where here are two examples ... 





My MOST FAVORITE Smoothie bowl

Ingredients: 
1. Fresh squeezed Orange Juice
2. Fresh pressed Apple Juice
3. Frozen banana
4. Frozen Pineapple
5. Frozen Mango
6. Lemon Juice
7. Mint Leaves
8. Spirulina
9. A handful of greens
10. Top with Banana, chia seeds, hemp seeds & Granola 



Chocolate Chip Mint Smoothie 






INGREDIENTS:

1. Almond Milk 
2. Mint Leaves
3. Drops of Peppermint Extract
4. Cocoa Nibs (packed with nutrients)
5. Frozen banana
6. 2-3 Dates
7. handful of greens
8. Spirulina 



This is the Spirulina I use :

Click here to find it online: 






I did not get paid to share my opinion on this product. I was given a product to try and love it . Would never recommend something I don't use myself or genuinely like. 



Thank you for checking out my blog!

XOXOX,

Ash Ninette 





No comments:

Post a Comment